Marketing With Youtube
Why use YouTube?
To create Brand awareness of your company and/or product, and support your wider marketing efforts.
What type of video should you place on YouTube?
Create video content that will entertain, instruct or inform viewers. Content they'll want to share.
What should your YouTube Goals be?
- Place videos on YouTube to allow potential customers and influencers to find about your business, company and products and services.
- Place videos on your web site using youtube embed code to increase on-site conversions and enhance site visitor engagement. Increase site traffic through video SEO.
How to build a YouTube community?
- Cross promote your videos on your web site and blog. Make it easy for other sites and bloggers to embed your video into their content. Many times other content creators will want to collaborate with you . . . if you feel it's a good fit, then absolutely share your video with them.
- Respond promptly to comments on your YouTube channel. People may not make a comment, but they'll notice how your treat those that do, and how responsive you are. Pay attention to your main fans and engage with them further whenever possible.
How to create a business YouTube Channel?
YouTube accounts are directly tied to a Google+ account. There are two main ways to tie your company and brand to a YouTube account.
1. If you already manage a company/brand Google+ Page, you can use that to create a YouTube account for that brand.
2.Otherwise, you can create a YouTube account for a company/brand that will automatically create a Google+ Page for that brand.
1. Sign in to YouTube.
2. Go to All my channels.
3. If you want to make a YouTube channel for a Google+ page you manage, you can choose it here. Otherwise, click Create a new channel.
4. Fill out the details to create your new channel.
How to Customize Your YouTube?
- Customize Profile Channel:
1. Click My Channel in the left-hand navigation. (If you already have a picture assigned to your Google+ account, this will probably appear upon logging in. If you don't have a photo assigned, or would like to change the profile picture, click the Edit button [that looks like a pencil], which appears in the top right corner of the profile picture box as you hover over it.)
2. Upload an image that is at least 250 x 250 pixels, since it will be used across all Google Apps.
3. Customize your Channel Art:
a. Click My Channel in the left-hand navigation.
b. Click Add channel art near the top of the page (Note: If your channel already has channel art you can edit it by clicking the Edit icon in the top right corner.)
c. Upload an image.
d. Once you've selected an image, you can preview how it will look across devices. To adjust, click Adjust the Crop. For the best results on all devices upload a 2560 X 1440 pixel image. This size will also accommodate retina displays.
Which YouTube statistics should you track?
Overall Success of a YouTube Campaign:
- Branded search traffic (use Google Analytics)
- Mentions of your business online (use an online mentions tool)
- Referring traffic from YouTube.com
Success of specific videos:
- Average view duration (YouTube Analytics)
- Estimated minutes watched (YouTube Analytics)
Return to Marketing Tutorials