SEO involves many different aspects of website building and marketing:
- Keyword research - to find out what phrases have enough traffic and less competition
- Implementation - taking the best phrases and working them into your website pages naturally visibly and behind the scenes
- Content - creating new website content that makes use of those found phrases in a natural way in helpful articles that are posted on your site and can be linked to from other sites
- Using keywords within your site content in strategically relevant places
- External Linking - getting links to your site from other good sites, using good keyword anchor text
- Internal Linking - using linking structure within your own site to maximize keyword ranking
SEO is an ongoing process. The best way to handle it is to figure it into your monthly marketing budget and keep tabs on all aspects of SEO.