The Importance of Keyword Research for SEO and Paid SearchJul132020
How much time have You spent on Keyword Research?
Do You Know How to Research Keywords to optimize SEO and Paid Search?
If you’re not sure how Keyword Research affects your SEO and Paid Search results, we have some tips for you!
What is Keyword Research?
Keyword Research is the method of revealing new and significant Keywords that will expand paid and organic search queries.
In-depth Keyword Research allows you to:
- Improve and Enhance Content to receive Higher Rankings.
- Expose a greater Variety of Search Terms.
- Move more Relevant Organic Traffic to your website.
Use Relevant Keywords to Reach Relevant Customers and Clients
Different keyword types represent different levels of intent and interest.
The closer grouped keywords relate to your conversion goal - the better they’ll convert effectively.
For Paid Search You Should Evaluate:
- Competitors to learn what they’re ranking for in the search results.
- Branded Keywords for both your Brand and the competition.
- Service/Product Specific Keywords.
- Feature Specific Keywords.
- Keyword Match Type.
- Negative Keywords.
- Costs for Each Keyword to determine which are in or out of your budget.
The goal is to optimize all of your content, so it will perform better in Organic search results. Search engines take into consideration relevance between search queries and matching available content, to determine what to organically rank the highest.
You’ll want to:
- Analyze Broad topics related to your business.
- Use Keyword Tools to uncover specific Keywords within each topic.
- Explore Question Keywords.
- Research and implement focused Keywords into your website content, Social Media posts, and campaigns.
How to Start:
- Build a Keyword list of main and sub topics for your niche.
- Drill down and refine Keyword list.
- Determine which Keywords are currently generating traffic for you.
- Review site pages and Keywords driving traffic to your competitors.
- Filter out Keywords with high Keyword difficulty scores that will be hard for you to rank for.
- Make note of Keywords trending up in volume with at least 500 searches per month.
- Focus in on specific phrases and long tail Keywords associated with your niche.
- Search for related keywords (relevant topics and synonyms) or LSI Keywords (latent semantic indexing) to include within your content.
The Art of Keyword Research
Google processes over 5.5 Billion (yes Billion) search queries a day.
Keyword research is a time consuming task, and it’s something that should be performed on a regular basis to keep your content at the top of the organic search results.
You can do it yourself, or you can reach out to your web specialist and let them handle it all for you.
Here at HostingCT.com we have specialized SEO experts who’d be happy to work with you on your Keyword research.
If you’d like to do it yourself, SEMrush has a wonderful SEO Guide available on their site.