Business Development InternMar222023
Education: Enrolled in a university (Junior or Senior year)
Start date: June 5, 2023 to Dec 29, 2023 (30 weeks)
Hosting Connecticut, LLC provides everything a small business or non-profit organization needs to thrive online, including website design and development, hosting, e-commerce and digital marketing. We help our clients make the most out of their online presence.
Hosting Connecticut delivers large company capacity with small company attention, thanks to our strong local leadership and our team of trusted experts. Our owner and founder, Paula Pierce, has more than 20 years of experience in website development, digital marketing, project management and providing an outstanding customer experience.
The Business Development Intern is someone that is a high-energy, results-driven self-starter and creative problem solver. This person will support Hosting CT’s lead generation, relationship management, pitching and closing deals, account management and attending virtual and in person networking events. This role will work with the Founder to focus on business development; establishing partnerships, community relationships, and leads to increase sales.
The Business Development Intern will also be responsible for responding to customer inquiries and messages, creating and maintaining contacts, working with the Project Manager and others to increase business sales. Conduct market research and summarize findings and conclusions, based on data.
Intern can expect to work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Scheduling and days/times of work can be negotiated. Intern is paid bi-weekly and must complete timecards.
The intern will be required to enroll in 3 online workshops of their choice provided by CTNext, WBDC, ReSET, SCORE and/or SBA or similar for professional development in their field.
• Responding to customer inquiries and messages
• Creating and maintaining contacts
• Working with the team on efforts to increase business sales.
• Conduct market research and summarize findings based on data.
• Writing, proofreading, and editing
• Deliver content on tight deadlines and with precision timing
• Integrate content into multiple social distribution channels
• Other tasks as assigned, including assistance with basic admin needs
Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency with Apple laptop, internet and business applications like Word and Excel, Zoom, Canva, Dropbox
• Strong interpersonal skills; tactful, polite communication with customers and vendors
• Team player; happy to support others to achieve a common goal, cooperative spirit
• Ability to work independently and take Initiative
• Multitask with accuracy and efficiency
• Organization skills online and off
• Working with social media-specific tools and apps including LinkedIn
• File formats, sizing, and technical specs required by various social platforms
• Be extremely dependable, diligent, detail-oriented with minimal supervision
• Quick learner and efficient
• Experience and comfort with customer communications including email, call and/or pitching to customers and prospects.
• Arrive in the virtual space when scheduled, and meet deadlines as assigned
• Be creative and original, yet respond to feedback
• Learn and share knowledge with others
Candidates should be pursuing a career or course of study related to experience in business or marketing, however, other majors and interests will be considered.