Social media should be just one component of a business’s larger marketing mix, not their only priority.Dec62021
A good chunk of customers wait to shop until after the holiday rush is over.
- 92% of those within the U.S. shop online post-holidays.
- 31% say they shop online within a few days of a holiday.
- 34% say they shop online during the month of January.
Keep the Momentum Going
A well thought out after holiday marketing strategy can drive more buyers to your site / online store than you may think possible.
- Tend to make purchases for themselves.
- Are planning for the coming new year.
- Believe they can get better buys.
- Are anxious to spend gift cards they received.
After Holiday Marketing Tips
SEO is always first on the list.
In 2020, search was responsible for over 45% of website visits and revenue during holiday and post-holiday seasons. Paid search was a bit more effective than organic search.
Analyzing your data before defining your marketing strategy.
A few things to include in your data review:
- Where site traffic is coming from.
- Products / services selling the best.
- Noticeable trends.
- Search terms, and frequency.
- 404 pages requiring attention.
#2 Creative Email Campaigns
- Extend after holiday offers at least into the first week of the following month.
- Use an automated email platform to segment subscribers, send personalized messages, and publish creative email campaigns primed for conversion.
- Don’t forget to re-target those who’ve visited your site but didn’t make a purchase.
- Send a ‘Thank You / We Appreciate You’ to everyone on your lists.
#3 Appeal to New Year Shoppers
With a new year brings motivated shoppers and invigorated outlooks:
- People have different mindsets.
- People want to improve and change their life for the better.
- People want to plan for what’s needed.
- People want to organize.
- People want a fresh start.
- People want to look better and feel invigorated.
- People want to refresh themselves, and their homes.
- People want to make their life easier, cleaner, and safer.
- Boost your after holiday marketing to extend into following months.
- Update all social media accounts to reflect each season, and current promotions.
Always keep your marketing one step ahead:
- During cold seasons, plan and market for warmer weather activities and vacations – and visa-versa.
- Get people excited for each upcoming season, and encourage them to buy early for best selection.
- Set up a ‘subscribe and save’ plan for products and services, so revenue is coming in on a regular basis. Offer a slight discount to subscribe and save plans.
- Encourage people in your email communications, and social posts to reward and pamper themselves. People tend to forget self-care is important.
- Remind people to use their gift cards at your online store.
- After holidays is a good time to run campaigns for paid search. If you haven’t dabbled with paid search in the past – now is a good time to experiment.