The #1 Most Overlooked Tip? for How to Grow Your Social Media AudienceOct262020
What’s your experience been the past few months with Social Media?
- Are people still reading your Social Media posts?
- Are people not engaging with your account the way they used to?
- Are you wondering how to up your game and grow a larger audience?
The one thing that many Social Media account owners overlook, is how important it is to know their audience.
A couple times per week, include a question in your normal posts that will give you insight into:
- Who your audience is.
- What they like best.
- What they're social media habits are.
Ask Questions such as:
- What three accounts do you visit most often on Social Media?
- What's your favorite Social Media site?
- Tell me two things you like to see most on Instagram (or Facebook).
- Do you use Social Media mostly for fun & entertainment, to learn things, or to keep up with current trends?
- What are your favorite Blogs to read regularly, and why?
Review the sites/accounts your audience visits the most. You’ll learn what types of content is more apt to motivate them to become more engaged with your account, and make purchases.
The overall goal is to increase Likes, Tags, Follows, etc – and questions will help do that.
Ask Questions Pertinent to Your Brand
No matter what your business sells, or what services you provide, there are hundreds of customized questions you can ask to learn more about what your audience wants and needs - and what will keep them as active members of your account.
Asking relevant questions will give you content for future posts, both on Social Media, and on your website.
A couple examples:
- Which one do you like better?
Post a photo of two of your products, and link to both on your website.
- What do you enjoy doing most during your free time?
- Favorite gift to give?
Link to products/services that make good gifts from your website.
- If we gave you $100 to spend in our store, which products would you stock up on?
You might want to run a future contest and include the most popular products as the prize.
Don’t forget - you can promote the purchase of Gift Certificates for services as well as products.
Balance is Important
When you plan posts for your Social Media accounts remember to balance everything out with varied content that will appeal to your niche.
Don't forget to leverage the power of images to draw in your audience and encourage daily engagement.
Varied Content Might Include:
- Educational and Useful Information.
- Motivational and Inspirational Quotes.
- Funny Videos.
- Obscure 'Did You Know' Facts.
- Local Happenings, and quirky local facts.
- etc, etc, etc.
Don't Sell 24/7
People aren't going to buy from you every day.
Plan post topics your audience will love.
Suggested weekly posting guidelines:
- One engaging content post per day.
- No more than two promotions per week.
- No more than one post of curated content per week.
More to Explore: