6 Facebook Post Ideas for Business PagesDec202021
For some business owners, posting content that draws in new followers can be challenging. Just when you think you've identified what type of content resonates with your existing audience - you see a trend where your page remains stagnate, and isn't growing.
The trick is to balance content geared toward retaining existing followers while bringing in new followers.
What Makes a Great Facebook Post?
- Post content should be unique and stand out.
- Post content should motivate engagement.
- Post content should be published at the most effective times.
(analyze your metrics to arrive at the best times for your audience)
Facebook Post Ideas for Small Business
Existing followers relate well to the following post types, and they're proven to bring in new followers as well.
#1 Look at Trends
- View what's trending on Facebook.
- Publish a post that includes a trending topic.
- Weave a trending topic into pre-planned posts.
Trending topics are personalized based on your location and social behavior, along with what’s popular in general. Trends are shown in real time. Trending topics appear to the upper right of your news feed.
#2 Story Time
- Tell a story in segments.
- Life and business-related stories.
- Funny, educational, informational.
#3 Ask a Question
- Questions get everyone engaged.
- Questions motivate engagement.
- Open-ended questions invite people to add to your post.
- Begin questions with How, What, When.
#4 Products & Services
- People want what other people want.
- Review or feature a new product/service.
- Post about how popular it is, what need it fills, how people have used it, etc.
#5 Selfies for the Win
- Post sporadic selfies.
- Use business and outside activity venues.
- Tie the post into your business/service, and how it relates.
#6 Seasonal & Events
- Share how your product/service is needed in relation to upcoming holidays or community events.
- Remind people stock is low, or appointments are booking fast, so buy early.
Bonus Tip . . .
Close Your Post
To prompt engagement, end every post with a CTA (call-to-action), such as:
- What are your thoughts?
- Do you have a question for us (me)?
- What do you think?
To prompt a conversion or sale, end posts with a CTA (call-to-action, to let followers know what their next step should be), such as:
- Sign up for our newsletter.
- Reserve your appointment now.
- Get a promo code.
- Schedule your next service.
- etc, etc, etc.
- New to social media?
- Haven’t gotten around to setting up your accounts?
- A business owner trying to juggle your online business with social media tasks?