3 Ways to Share New WordPress Blog PostsNov102021
Do You Want To:
- Increase activity on your website?
- Convert readers into customers?
- Grow your email subscriber list?
- Learn how to get people back to your site?
Data shows almost 70 percent of people visiting a website don’t return. Maybe they:
- Scanned one article, or blog post.
- Looked at one product/service.
- Were going to return, but forgot.
People need a reason to revisit a website over and over, and one of the most popular methods of getting people back to your website is sharing new blog posts with them.
Sending out new blog content alerts keeps the in-bound traffic wheel turning.
Rather than waiting for people to find new blog posts - let them know they’re there.
#1 Announce New Blog Posts on Your Email Lists
With email lists being the number one asset of a business – they should absolutely be used to reveal new blog posts to those already interested in what you have to say.
If you haven’t already established an email list, (or if your existing list isn’t growing,) go with an automated email platform that’s proven to cater to small business. That would be Constant Contact, a company that’s well established and offers an array of tools and features to help you easily publish professional communications. Learn more about Constant Contact.
#2 Announce New Blog Posts Using Push Notification
What are Push Notifications?
- Push notifications (or push messages) are short, clickable one-way alert messages that display as a popup on a desktop or the screen of a mobile device.
- Push notifications can be added to a WordPress blog by installing a Plugin. Once the plugin is activated and configured, push messages for new blog posts will automatically be enabled on the website.
- When new blog posts are published, a notification will be sent out to all subscribers.
- The push message includes the blog post Title, and the Featured Image.
- Once the recipient clicks on the notifications, they’re auto-directed to the new blog post.
Let’s look at one of the more popular Push Notification plugins with over 100,000 active installs:
One Signal (free)
- Automatic Notifications: Send notifications to followers every time you publish a new post. Or set up a reminder that gets automatically sent to them if they haven’t visited for a few days.
- Targeting Segments: Send notifications to specific visitors based on language, number of times they’ve visited your blog, or even set up your own user attributes that you can target.
- Opt-In Customization: Choose when and how to ask your visitors to opt-in to browser notifications. Customize the prompt they first see.
- Real Time Analytics: See your notifications being delivered in real time, and watch them as they convert into visitors.
If you’re unsure of how to install, configure or maintain a push message plugin, contact us at HostingCT.com and let us how we can assist you.
#3 Announce New Blog Posts on Social Media
Revealing new blog posts on social media allows you to reach those people who aren’t familiar with your content, and aren’t specifically looking for it – but can end up becoming followers/fans, new visitors to your website, new subscribers to your email list, and ultimately customers of your product and/or service.
When you’re posting to social media about a new blog post, remember to add a unique and personal message applicable for each social media platform, and you may want to personalize #hashtags as well.
Explore integrating your website with the social media platforms you use the most. Integrate your social media accounts with your website by directing your social media audience to your website, and make sure your website gives easy access to your social media accounts.
More to Explore:Return